Monday, April 22, 2019

Quilt Patterns a la Mosaic Moments! Class on June 15, 2019 at Noon



I've been feeling highly inspired by all of the quilt patterns I've been seeing other folks make using the Mosaic Moments dies. Over the next few months, I would like to offer a series of classes based on quilt patterns. This is Layout Number One. I'm going to work with a pastel color palette on mine so that all of my layouts will come together in one book. I'm planning on incorporating mine into a baby album, but you will be bringing your own solid color and patterned paper so you may choose whatever type of quilt you'd like (patriotic, vintage fabric look, etc.) You may choose to mat your photos on the colored blocks or you may choose to replace some of the pattern papers with photographs.

Page 1 is made using the 4x4 corner die set ($33.99) and Diamond Mine 4x4 die set ($26.99).


Page 2 uses both of those sets PLUS the Harlequin die set ($27.99).


This class will take place on Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 12:00 NOON. at Kricket's Kottage in Maineville, OH.

Preregistration via prepayment is REQUIRED.

OPTION 1 - PAGE 1 ONLY:
You will pay $35 and I will provide:
1) class instruction and layout samples;
2) one sheet of white base grid paper. In the sample that I have shared, this is the White paper that is used for the background;
3) the 4x4 Diamond Mine die set – a $27 value (before tax and shipping) - YOURS TO KEEP after class;
4) the use of my 4x4 corner set dies. If you took one of my April classes, you already have these dies and this gives you an opportunity to work with them in a different way. Otherwise, I will have one set of each of these dies available to lend for student use to share during class.

OPTION TWO - PAGE 2 ONLY:
You will pay $40 and I will provide:
1) class instruction and layout samples;
2) one sheet of white base grid paper. In the sample that I have shared, this is the White paper that is used for the background;
3) the Harlequin die set – a $28 value (before tax and shipping) - YOURS TO KEEP after class;
4) the use of my 4x4 corner set dies and the use of my 4x4 Diamond Mine die sets. If you took one of my April classes, you already have the corner die set and this gives you an opportunity to work with them in a different way. Otherwise, I will have one set of each of these dies available to lend for student use to share during class.

OPTION 3 - BOTH PAGES AND ALL THREE DIE SETS:
You will pay $100 and I will provide:
1) class instruction and layout samples;
2) two sheets of white base grid paper. In the sample that I have shared, this is the White paper that is used for the background;
3) ALL THREE DIE SETS: (the 4x4 corner die set ($33.99), Diamond Mine 4x4 die set ($26.99), and the Harlequin die set ($27.99). an $89 value (before tax and shipping) - ALL YOURS TO KEEP after class.

OPTION FOUR - you already have all three of the sets dies and only need instruction and base grid paper? Class fee is $20 for one page, $30 for both.

You MUST bring the following:
1) Your own photos! Pay attention to the arrangement of the photos as you plan your own layouts and select the photos you wish to use – notice how the pieces are placed and keep the shape in mind as you make your selections. Bring more images than you think you will need. It is better to have choices when it comes to fitting the pics in the dies and on the grid. You may also wish to bring double prints in case you make any mistakes. 4x6" prints are recommended, although you may wish to go with some 5x7s depending on the scale/positioning of the people in the photos. It is NOT recommended that you purchase the "true" ratio prints that come out to be like 5.??" long as those may not fit the layout.
2) Your own white and colored cardstock that coordinates with your photos. In the sample that I have shared, this is the blue and patterned paper. Between the two pages, I used two sheets of solid blue; slightly less than one sheet of each of the two patterned papers, and two sheets of white solid paper on which to build the squares.
3) Your own Big Shot or similar die cutting machine with platforms, plates, etc. for cutting wafer-thin dies. Two people may share if you don’t have your own but I honestly don’t recommend it as it will slow you both down.
4) Your own adhesive - Mosaic Moments recommends Herma Dotta repositionable adhesive. I suggest you also bring scissors or a paper trimmer. If you have the basic die set, it may make things go more quickly, but it is certainly not required.

PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL.
Please note that the class fees cover the tax, shipping, base grid paper, securing the venue, and my time and effort in designing the layout, as well as my time in teaching the class.

REGISTER EARLY!!!! I will be turning in an order on Thursday, May 16, 2019 to guarantee delivery by the class date. For any orders after that, we may have to make special arrangements for you to place the order yourself. PM me if you are paying after 05/16.

No comments:

Post a Comment