This is my kind-of, sort-of quarterly update for all of my Mosaic friends and crop friends! :) It's a long one, but it's full of great information!
1. My first order of business here is to express to all of my friends, new and old, what a joy it has been to share this year with you. I have always dreamed of being able to make money at my hobby and, while I won't be quitting the day job anytime soon, I am RICH RICH RICH in new friends and in inspiration! My heart is filled with an overflowing abundance of gratitude for all of the various enrichments that you folks have brought into my life!
2. I wanted to make you aware of some upcoming events that are not yet up on any of my cropportunities groups. If you are the organizer of any of these events, please post them to reach a larger crowd than my own mailing list! (See details below)
Saturday, November 3rd in Milford - all day Scrap and Craft to benefit Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers at Faith Church. Sign up NOW for this event. I do not know these ladies, personally, but I make it a policy to share any events I know of with you ladies. Even though I am unable to attend, I wanted to pass it on for those of you who may. Contact Shelly Keebaugh with any questions at email@example.com
Sunday, November 4, 2012 1:30-3:30 - My next class at Stamping Buddies. I will be teaching the Falling for Fall panoramic mosaic layout that I taught this past weekend so if you missed out, you have one last chance! Call the store at (513) 891-CRFT to reserve your spot. www.stampingbuddies.com
Saturday, November 10th in Kenwood / Deer Park area - Michelle Diekmeyer and Edith Hulsman's traditional all day Scrap Therapy Day at the Cincinnati Church of Christ. This includes amazing coupons and discounts with Stamping Buddies (located right across the street from the scrap). This year the event will be a fundraiser for local orphans. Contact Michelle with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, November 30 through December 2, 2012 - weekend retreat in Traverse City, MI. One of my favorite companies, Simply Stitched page kits, are co-sponsoring a weekend retreat in Traverse City, MI. http://www.simplystitchedscrapbooking.com/index.html Follow the links on their website for the registration form and details. Although the forms online say the payment deadline was October 15, please note that members of my meetup group (see below) are elibible for $100 off the registration price now through November 3, 2012! Now that's a sweet deal!
Friday, December 21, 2012 (maybe Saturday, December 22, 2012)? – This is just some wild hair notion that I got. Since they are saying the Mayan Calendar says that the world will end on 12/21/12, I was thinking we should have a scrapbooking a’crop’alypse party. Is anybody up for this? I know it’s close to Christmas, but we could use it as a chance to finish up all those last minute gifts. I’ll need imput fairly soon. If we go low-key with no vendors, etc., I could reserve Miss Bridgette’s with as few as 20 folks at $20 a head – and we could each have our own tables (up to 30 of them) at that price. If anyone else has any other venue ideas, I am certainly willing to keep an open mind, depending on the level of interest. Email with your thoughts, comments suggestions.
Saturday, February 16, 2013 in Lebanon, Ohio. Shelly Allen's and my next big crop day in Lebanon. Details will be available on our blog: www.scrapbookcropandshop.blogspot.com on November 1, 2012, or use the attached form to pre-register by November 15. This deadline is a little shorter than our normal early bird deadline, but Shelly and I are hoping to shop for our goody bag items over Thanksgiving weekend when the deals are on! Don't miss out!!!! Only early bird registrants (by Nov 15) will receive a vendor goody bag with prizes from all of our vendors. Classes won't be posted until at least Nov 1, so you don't HAVE to register for classes yet, but make sure to get your early bird cropper registration in before the prices go up and the goodies go down. You will know you are officially registered when you get an email from Shelly confirming your registration and sending you a link to register for the potluck!
3. New Ways to Update! Rather than sending out an email every time I have an update, I wanted to consolidate the process as much as possible. Please consider joining my (Deborah White (Hitchcock)) "Cropportunities" group on Facebook or joining my new cropportunities group on www.meetup.com. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share these options with your friends.
Please note that, through Meetup, we have some great sponsors, including myself and Shelly, who offer perks such as discounts to our meetup members. Stamping Buddies is offering all our meetup members a GREAT perk right now, so make sure you mention if you're a meetup member when you're in the store!
5. Upcoming Classes
Depending on student interest, I hope to resume mosaic classes once a month in the Columbus area at Red Letter Journals in Grove City in January 2013. I am also planning on having a few page kits for sale at the November 10, 2012 Holiday Open House in the Store, although I won’t be there to see your smiling faces! http://www.redletterjournals.com/
At, I am teaching a month at Stamping Buddies in the Kenwood/Deer Park area of Cincinnati (http://www.stampingbuddies.com/).
Details about these classes can also be found on my blog and the store websites.
6. Share with Me! I want to encourage all of my students to email me pictures of any mosaics that you create. I would love to share them on my blog.
7. Cheer for Me! Lastly, if you are a student of mine (a mosaic scrapbooker) or are thinking about taking my classes in the future, I would be eternally grateful if you would consider 1) joining the Journella website; and 2) cheering for me. Journella is an online journalling website where I (and my fellow design team
members) post our Mosaic challenge layouts at least twice a month. (The DT member who gets the most cheers wins $50 in free products.) I believe that I am the only DT member who actually teaches mosaic classes and it would be a huge
support to me if my students would join the website and cheer for me. www.journella.com
It's free and easy and you'll
love the features of the site:
* Collecting of Facebook, Twitter, and Blog postings for organizing and saving.
* Add photos to your journal entries for better stories.
* Organize memories by category and easily sort with the click of
* Import family and friend's blog postings to your account.
* Share your favorite stories (on story by story basis) with others to our NEW story board.
* Read other's stories, cheer them on, and follow your favorite authors.
* Many more new features added every month.