Friday, July 13, 2012

Fridays Are for Friends - Tammy Binford!



As some of you may know, I have worked at some scrapbook conventions this year in Tami Potter's Mosaic Moments booth.  One of the things that really shocked me was how many folks would come up and say "I bought the mat and paper last year (or X years ago), but I've never used it." 

This just broke my heart for two reasons.  First, because, of course, since I discovered mosaics I can't get enough!  But, second, because it is one of those "use it or lose it skills" - the more often you do a mosaic layout, the more intuitive the measurements and counting become and the faster they just roll out of your brain and onto the page.  (Of course, you can always get a refresher course from me or on Tami Potter's blog!)

Tammy Binford is one of my star pupils because she took her mat and grid paper home (well, actually to the Crop a Doodle Do Scrapbooking Retreat in Arcadia, Indiana) and whipped up this GORGEOUS page!  Thanks, Tammy for letting me share!  You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment