Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!




So, there's this strange old man who comes by my office sometimes.  And in a creepy pervy kind of voice he says things like "do you like candy?"  And he reaches in his pocket and gives candy to me and my coworker, Kristy.  So, Kristy andI have kind of a running joke with what we call "pocket candy."  There is one particularly crusty chocolate tootsie pop that we play "dirty santa" with.  She will hide it the drawer with my toothbrush then I'll sneak it into her purse, then she'll put it in my lunchbox after lunch so I don't realize it until I get home, etc.  Her best one so far is leaving it in a lawn decoration on my front porch. 

Today, it was my turn.  I took a whole slew of tootsie pops and wrapped them up and made all these fabulous fake flowers (all with scraps from old pages, etc.).  These are Kristy's favorite colors.  As you can see in the second pic, I also stamped and punched some dragonflies and butterflies and attached them to some pipe cleaners left over from Aidan's Halloween goodie boxes last week.  The whole thing is arranged in an old plaasic cookie box leftover from Christmas last year and decorated with more scraps.  For the base to put the flowers in, I took the box that the tootsie pops came in, covered with more tissue paper and poked a few holes in top to arrange the flowers in.

I put a note on it that says "pocket full of posies or posies full of pocket candy?"  LOL!  I can't wait to see how she'll get me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment