Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Things that Make Me Go "I want one" - Santa Mosaic


First of all, let me say, I am NOT one of those folks who rushes Christmas.  I don't even love Christmas - I prefer the Fall!  I've been holding off on posting any Christmas pages, telling myself I would wait until Thanksgiving, at least!  However, I saw this layout over at http://www.outonalimbscrapbooking.com/ and thought "I want one!"  I liked it.  It spoke to me.  But it wasn't "me," somehow.  So, you know what I did?  Youbetcha!  I made it into a mosaic.

The Santa is a stamp that my sister owns.  (I love having her scrap stuff at my house!)  I stamped it on flesh colored cardstock, white, and red, then I cut out and layered the white and red layers on top of the flesh with foam adhesive.

I really tried on the belt, but looking back at the inspiration/sample, I'm thinking maybe I should also recreate the stitches on the belt?


No comments:

Post a Comment