Saturday, August 30, 2014

Aquarium Layouts

According to the Days of the Year website, today is "International Whale Shark Day" (Days of the Year) so I thought I'd share some aquarium themed pages.  

The layout below is one that I made using some custom-printed paper and a custom die cut for our local aquarium, Newport Aquarium.I really like the way it turned out on this bahama blue grid paper.




After I made that layout, there was a stamp set and a layout in a Close to My Heart catalog that really spoke to me and I thought it would "convert" nicely into a mosaic since it already consisted of a lot of squares, etc.



So, I designed this layout using those papers.  I LOVE IT.  But my friends, not so much . . 




When I shared that layout with my friends, they didn't like the muted colors or the patterned paper for that particular concept.  They said it was "noticeable" that the patterned paper was peacocks.  Personally, I don't think it would be that noticeable with pictures on the layout, but I conceded.  I went back to the drawing board, using some Paper Studio papers and designed the bolder, more child-friendly version of the layout.  




And a completed student layout from the class:




Still looking for inspiration?  Check out these cool layouts by Lori Hanson:

Lori Hanson Sea Life Park:


Lori Hanson's Circles:



No comments:

Post a Comment