Sunday, August 17, 2014

Back to School Means Vacations Is Over . . .

Okay, so it really stinks that summer vacation is over.  Many kids are already back in school and Labor Day is just over a  week away!  But now is a great time to be scrapbooking all of those fun vacation memories.  Here are a few pages I've made from vacations.

For this one, I started out with a Mosaic Moments page kit ($12.95).



But on the left sided page I abandoned the page kit and used an 8x10 photo cut into 1" squares.  When I came to the piece with the kids in it, that I didn't want to cut into squares, I left it an even 2" square and used a photo mat cut to 2 1/8" square to make it stand out.






This a layout that I made by cutting up one of those laser die-cut overlays that I bought at convention. I really loved the overlay, but the holes it provided didn't work with the number of photos I had and the shape of my photos.  So I used a craft knife to cut it part and overlayed it onto the open spaces in my mosaic.




For this layout, I used a combination of Bo-Bunny papers and photographs.  My mom used to be notorious for either forgetting to take pictures or taking pictures from so far away that you can't tell who is in those photos.  On this trip, she managed to get a combination of great shots (love the reflection and the action shots) and some that were still a little too far away.  I used the small pics in the 1" squares around the border.  I cut some of the seagulls out of the paper and applied them to a second sheet of the same paper using pop dots.  I also used a healthy amount of my sister's favorite glitter glue to make those waves shine!




No comments:

Post a Comment